Tuesday, July 11, 2006

So who's this Jay fella?

Jay is a character I created for the first book I ever wrote that is thus far unpublished. I love Jay as a character, and as I have some free time at work, I figured I'd try putting up short stories to amuse myself and keep my creative juices flowing, or some such. Since you may not know, Jay is a vampire set in a world that is exactly like normal life. Just with like wizards and shit who try to hide from the public eye. Jay is also a very strange if amicable guy, with an odd sense of humor. That's probably enough to get the idea across. I will probably have him interact with existing characters from my world as well as have stories from all walks of his life. If I get bold enough I might even get some back story written for a character I have precisely zero back story even thought of. Who knows?

I don't expect these little writing forays to be good. In fact, I imagine they might be very bad, or at least uninteresting. Writing take a lot of work, this is some of the work that need to be done. All writers have to learn how to take any scenario and make it interesting. Doesn't mean I'm good at it yet. So if you plan to post a comment about how bad the writing is, don't bother. I probably know already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home